Saturday 28 April 2007

Kickoff

I realized this week that I'd been stalling on launching seriously into starting my hypnotherapy practice. Now that I have my diploma I can start, even without waiting for my Association membership, which should come through in a couple of weeks. (The exam went well, I can't see them turning me down; they're not grim-faced guardians of the portals, they were very friendly, though professional.)

So during the week I designed a little flyer, and today I got it printed out 20 times (6 flyers to a page) and got a paper trimmer, cut them up, and went for a walk around the block distributing them.

I carefully avoided the letterboxes with "No Circulars" signs; I have one myself, and it infuriates me when people ignore it; I would never give business to someone who did so. REAL ESTATE AGENTS, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

Ahem.

Anyway, I'm out there now, and it will be interesting to see what happens. Helen reckons that for her massage therapy business that's the most effective thing to do, walk round and put some flyers in letterboxes.

No comments: