Friday 13 April 2007

City of Masks disappointment

I just got the rejection email from Macmillan New Writing for City of Masks.

So I guess it's off to get myself an ISBN so I can self-publish.

I am comforted by the thought of the many good books that had trouble finding publishers, and annoyed by the thought of all the crappy books that have been published.

Would have been nice to have Macmillans' distribution working for me, though.

EDIT: Not only do the National Library of New Zealand not charge you for supplying an ISBN, they emailed one to me with stunning rapidity. And a moment's Googling found me a site where you can get an ISBN made into a barcode, online, for free.

I love the Internet.

Of course, now I have to lay my book out and create, or have created, a cover on which to put the barcode.

No comments: